Monday, February 10, 2014

WIR #39: The Spill it Sunday Edition

Good morning everyone! Hopefully you all are having a wonderful start to your week. Since I failed to get my act together this weekend I'm hooking up with not one BUT two link ups today. 



I figure since Meghan and Arman both love their lists neither party  will complain :) 

The last 5 places I traveled this weekend included: 
  • Work
  • Home
  • Library
  • Work 
  • ISHA
ISHA is the Illinois convention for SLPeeps and for my first ever professional conference it was a lot of fun! I got to see one of my classmates present her thesis research, sit in on some really cool technology sessions, make contacts for potential jobs (yikes!), and gather up a bunch of free swag. I was also part of our college bowl team, and while we weren't the winners our professors were proud of us for getting up there :) 


Seriously though the number of pens I now have is insane!

The last 5 people I spoke to include:
  • The BF
  • The Bestie
  • My boss at job #2
  • My dad
  • A classmate who was looking for the Starbucks while we were at ISHA
The best part about talking to the bestie (besides the fact that we haven't talked much since Christmas) she asked me to stand up with her in her wedding!! I couldn't be more excited to be a part of her special day next summer (and to now have even more of an excuse to stalk her wedding board on pinterest). 

The last 5 workout I did include:
  • Dance Party
  • The "exercise" portion of an ABA session (which is me rolling my kiddo around on a ball, surprisingly good for the core!) 
  • Yoga
  • Yoga
  • Burpees x150 (yeah not my best idea)
Does shivering count as a workout?! Because I got in even more of that this past week as well. You can call me whiny all you like, but I hate the cold, I hate the snow, and we have way too much of both right now. I mean you can barely see our mailbox at the end of the driveway anymore!


This is my "it's cold and I don't like it" face

The next 5 places I'll be heading include: 
  • School placement
  • Home
  • School placement
  • Tutoring
  • Home
Talk about wash, rinse, and repeat! It's shaping up to be a pretty boring week. No crazy meetings at school, no conference to attend, I don't even get a chance to see the BF until next weekend. It's probably for the best considering the pile of online job applications I have pending in my inbox... but after the excitement of last week it still sounds kinda sad. 

But there are at least 5 things making me happy right now:
  • Consistent internet access (even if I have to sit on the floor plugged into the router to get it)
  • A steaming mug of green tea (you knew this was coming)
  • A clean/organized room and closet for the week ahead
  • Something delicious baking in the oven (there is a bake-off this week after all) 
  • A whole day with the BF next week
The best thing so far about my school practicum (besides my kiddos whom I love)  has been getting to work the school schedule. While I'm bummed I don't get a spring break like some of the girls in my program (1 of them has a whole 3 weeks off!) It has been nice to have these random days off scattered throughout the month. The BF's new schedule is Wednesday-Saturday so when I have a random Monday off (like President's Day) its nice to be able to spend a little extra time with him. 

This week I'm hoping to keep up with the workouts (which are feeling great), get ahead on the job applications (which are piling up), figure out a budget friendly V-day gift for the BF (I've got until next weekend...) and play some fun games with my kiddos at school (I've been pinning like crazy it's time to decide). A quiet week for sure, but it should be a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Don't know where my comment went...Anyway, I said I've been making that face a lot and I'm quite finished with winter. Needs to go away! We got snow here in NJ again last night. Not happy, it messed up my plans. I've decided, to Heck with it, I'm going out anyway. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your embracing it! The snow just makes me want to never leave my bed!

      Delete
  2. 150 burpees?

    Craaaaay. I did 30 the other day and considered it my workout of the day. Seriously, I HATE them. Shivering should totally count as a workout ;)

    Can't wait to see what new baked good you concoct ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trust me it took splitting them up over the whole day (and I was still dying!) And since you said so I' totally counting shivering as my workout for today ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm done with the cold too. My little hands feel like blocks of ice on the ends of my arms right now. So very cold and too late for tea although I will confess to an afternoon cup of coffee just so I could hold the hot mug.
    I'm glad the conference went well and I'm wishing you luck on your job applications. Pick a good one.
    Oh and great job on all the workouts. Myself I've been slacking or just too busy at work, but I'm hoping to change that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my feet everyday! If I could wrap them around a teacup I would ;)
    Applications are... fun haha but it's kind of exciting to be a "grown up" almost.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?